- Begin standing upright with the feet together and the arms at the sides.
- Take the arms behind the body, clasping the fingers together.* The hands should rest on the buttocks. This is the starting position.
- On an inhalation grow the spine long and lift the hands off the buttocks as far as possible.
- On the exhalation bend from the hips keeping the back straight coming working toward a 90 degree angle if possible.
- The arms should also be at a 90 degree angle. This is the final position.
- On an inhalation, raise the torso upward, keeping the back straight.
- Exhale the arms down toward the buttocks and release the hands to the side.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
Note: *A towel or sock may be used to create space between the shoulder blades.